We are currently recruiting an Electronics Engineer to work for a highly technical engineering organisation in Basingstoke. The ideal candidates for this role will come from an Aerospace, Space, Automotive or Satcom background, although other technical engineering disciplines will also be considered.
Reporting to the Senior Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, testing, fault finding electronic circuits, servo motion control systems, integral to the design of the finished product.
- Generating and agreeing product concept designs and specifications through to finalised product designs.
- Produce sound electronic designs and documentation sufficient to enable full manufacturing documentation to be produced, fulfilling agreed concepts and specifications.
- Produce sound build instructions for PCBs.
- Produce block diagrams and schematic diagrams.
- Specifying COTS items, utilising standard parts and performing design reviews.
- Checking, updating previous electrical/electronic drawings and populating the design database / archive.
- Review and action development and production change notes as required.
- Electronic Engineering qualification to HND or degree level or time served industry experience.
- Strong working knowledge of electronic design software, PCB design software, electronic simulators software.
- Confidence to use test equipment. Experience in prototyping, using soldering station.
- Strong understanding of communication protocols.
- Good understanding of digital and analogue electronics.
- Experience with DDM and Visio is desirable.
- An understanding of mechanical and/or software relation to electronics engineering preferred.
- An understanding of RF circuitry is advantageous.