We are currently seeking an Engine Build and Test Engineer to work for a cutting-edge clean technology company in South London.
You will be part of the build and test team who are responsible for development and validation of the company’s technology using in-house engine and system test facilities.
You will be required to support a wide range of product development activities including assembly of prototype sub systems and hardware; conducting engine and system tests in line with defined test procedures; maintenance of test facilities; troubleshooting; and test data management.
· Supporting the build of prototype units
· Supporting and servicing of our field vehicles
· Support the development, build and maintenance and housekeeping of in-house engineering test facilities.
· Support test scheduling
· Failure analysis and concern reporting and resolving (test bed and rig related / instrumentation / wiring issues)
· Support system and test cell calibration
· Run engine dynamometer and system tests as described by in-house defined test procedures
· Support the product verification test programme
· Assist in the physical build development and prototype units.
· Maintain engine/system build sheets and database
· Trouble shooting faults in test facilities, field trial units and prototype products.
· Work with colleagues who utilise advanced engineering software, analyse the performance of the TRU in both laboratory and field trial environments.
· Source components for test cell maintenance and upgrades
· Instrumentation hardware and wiring changes (12V/24V)
· Occasional travel within the UK and overseas to support trails and pilots
The ideal applicant will:
· Be familiar with an assembly and test environment, preferably 2+ years’ experience with the assembly of different products including sub systems and engines, dynamometers and test beds in a build or assembly / Test Technician role, or similar.
· Have experience conducting engine and/or mechanical system tests in line with test plans
· Use their experience of test systems to review proposed test plans for suitability/feasibility
· Take a thorough approach to capturing and recording all information associated with an experiment
· Be confident gathering and screening test data to check integrity and conformity to test plan
· Confident hands-on skills (e.g., mechanical system assembly, maintenance, and repair)
· Have strong troubleshooting skills (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, data acquisition, IT)
· Be familiar with test related health and safety documentation/risk assessments
· Hardware assembly (e.g., engines, powertrains, or other mechanical systems)
· Experience of instrumentation and data acquisition systems, including calibration processes and documentation
· Competent in use of Microsoft Office Suite
· Quality control processes
· Part inspection / measurement
Experience in the following areas is an advantage but not mandatory
· Reciprocating piston engines
· Welding, brazing, fabrication
· Sub - assemblies
· Pipe work bending and installation.
· Cryogenic systems
· Refrigeration or Air Conditioning systems
· Electrical experience (12/24V and/or 240V/415V)