Responsible for project delivery for functional safety expertise, supporting a car manufacturer in the south of England.
Area of Responsibility
- You will provide leadership and coordination for all aspects of automotive electrical functional safety, primarily with chassis and electrical department systems
- It is required that in addition to the above, as a secondary aspect, electrical functional safety leadership can be extended to any other electrical system on a vehicle.
- You will provide consultancy and technical functional safety guidance to teams of electrical engineers. Depending on the project being undertaken it will also be necessary to deliver work products in accordance with ISO26262 practice.
- Develop electrical functional safety processes
- Validate that all products meet the specification requirements and project targets against company processes to deliver a documented, robust safety case.
- In support of any safety case, it is also a requirement to be able to deliver System FMEA and FTA.
Knowledge / Experience
Essential experience for this role would include:
- A sound knowledge of automotive chassis and electrical systems
- Experience with embedded systems, particularly safety-related systems
- Identifying hazards, performing risk assessments and classification
- User and systems level requirements capture, management and technical review
- Experience with DOORs would be an asset
- System level architectural design and technical review
- Safety analysis techniques e.g. FMEA, FTA (qualitative and quantitative), HAZOP etc.
- Controllability of vehicles, in particular vehicle dynamics, control system performance and human-machine interactions
- Leading, defining and releasing safety cases
- Generation of DIAs (Development Interface Agreements)
- Knowledge of hybrid electric vehicles and associated automotive systems with their interactions
- Engineering process development and practical implementation; including ISO26262, ISO 15504 (SPICE)
Key attributes will be:
- Strong track record of delivering significant high value business and delivering to very tight timescales
- Driven to delivering high quality projects, on time and budget, beyond customer expectations.
A minimum of 10 years relevant automotive industry experience, preferably within OEM, Tier 1 or consultancy business
- ISO26262 and safety case derivation in all its aspects.
- Latest system and design techniques, including system modelling.
- Formal system and software design process.
- A mindset that is able to probe and audit safety case material that is presented for review
- HIL testing for complex embedded systems
- An understanding of HV powertrain systems
- Customer Centricity - Ensures a constant customer & market centric focus
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Fosters a sense of teamwork, leverages differences, and facilitates the effective interaction and contribution of others
- Developing and Managing Relationships - Develops and maintains constructive, open and honest relationships with others. The ability to manage diverse, often geographically distributed cross functional teams