We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Planner to work for an advanced automotive and motorsport engineering customer of ours near Northampton.
The successful applicant will be working in a dynamic working environment and be involved in a multitude of low volume, high value, specialist projects for several of the company’s prestigious customers.
Leadership responsibilities will be available from day 1, with opportunities to expand the team as your career progresses.
· Setting manufacturing targets with supervisors targeting maximum labour utilisation.
· Co-ordinating internal manufacturing activities, collaborating with other areas
· Review with supervisors their activity and address escalations covering quality cost or delivery
· Review internal customer requirements continually, re-planning as required to meet targets.
· Actual / estimate costing alignment during manufacture and at job completion
· Manufacturing expedite process and prioritisation, escalating as required
· Manufacturing KPI data covering capacity, costing accuracy, target adherence etc.
· Manage your own time and prioritise your daily activities according to the needs of the business
· ERP “Super User” documenting all Manufacturing process and providing training to others
· Day to day go to person for Manufacturing requirements and management
· Highlight materials shortages where expedite is required to meet Customer Schedule
· Communication of quality issues and liaison with Inspection to define rework or containment plan
· Lead Continuous Improvement activities, developing efficiency and quality improvements
· Responsible for the accuracy of routing and timing data within the ERP system Bills of Manufacture
· Use of an ERP/MRP system to co-ordinate Manufacturing management
· Experience of Fabricated and machined components, finishing processes and BoM construction
· Experience of working closely with other departments and internal customers
· The initial salary banding for this role is £30,000 – 45,000 D.O.E